New to the world of digital marketing and want to learn more about SEO and PPC? Studies show that approximately 80% of Australians are now using the internet to shop online, find reviews, keep up relationships, collaborate on projects, learn new skills, bank online, and so much more.
Whether you’re a small business wanting to target a specific local area, or an online eCommerce store looking to sell your products across Australia (or the world), ensuring your business can be found online by your potential customers can make the difference between average sales and unparalleled growth.
That’s where digital marketing comes in. SEO and PPC campaigns can help get your business to the forefront of your customers’ minds on the most used search engines such as Google and Bing.
So, what’s right for your SEO or PPC? Let’s take a quick look at some of the advantages of both types of digital marketing so that you can make an informed choice about where best to spend your advertising spend.
Making Sense of SEO and PPC Campaigns
PPC stands for ‘pay per click’ and is often called ‘paid traffic’. On Google alone there are approximately 63,000 searches per second on any given day, PPC ads are the first ads a customer sees when they search for a particular phrase on a search engine such. PPC is a powerful digital marketing medium that can rapidly put your business in front of your competitors at the click of a button.
Five Advantages of Using PPC
- Control of your advertising spend – One of the biggest benefits of PPC advertising is that you have full control over your advertising spend. If you’re just dipping your toes in a target market you can start with a small conservative budget, whereas increasing your ad spend can have you in that coveted top spot, ahead of your competitors, increasing your brand recognition, and converting sales in the blink of an eye.
- Targeted Campaigns – PPC can be targeted to specific areas, devices, or demographics. If you only sell locally, spending your advertising budget on customers that are unlikely to click through can quickly become an expensive mistake for your business.
- Flexibility – PPC advertising is real-time, giving you the power to make adjustments as you need it based on live data. If a campaign is not producing your intended results, simply pause the campaign, make some adjustments, and send it live again.
- Fast results – When you use PPC, your business will rank at the top of search results for as long as you run your PPC campaign. PPC is considered a sprint, and if reaching your customers fast is your goal, a PPC campaign can get you there.
- Tangible and Cost-Effective – With PPC, you only pay when a potential customer clicks on your ad. This pay per click model, effectively gives your business free brand advertising, and only costs your business money when a customer is ready to engage with your business.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is what is known as ‘organic traffic’. These are the results that appear under the paid ads and appear organically in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Unlike PPC, these results are not paid for and are decided by complex ranking algorithms that serve to determine the best sites that serve a potential customer’s search query. Getting your business onto page 1 search results and ultimately the top 3 positions is often the key goal in an SEO marketing strategy.
Five Advantages of Using SEO
- Trustworthiness – Research shows that consumers are far more likely to trust links that aren’t advertisements. Modern consumers are becoming increasingly wary of being ‘sold to’ with up to 75% of consumers trusting organically ranked results over paid ads.
- No ad spend – With organic results, there is no pay-per-click cost to your business whenever a potential customer clicks through to your website.
- Higher Click-Through Rates – Studies indicate that over 70% of searches result in a page 1 organic click. An organically ranked website is far more likely to see higher click-through rates and potential conversions.
- User-friendly websites – One added benefit of using SEO is that part of SEO is ensuring your website is user-friendly and responsive to your potential customers. Ensuring your website is modern, aesthetically and user-friendly is not only beneficial in user engagement but can help with potential conversions as well.
- Stay Ahead of Your Competition – SEO helps set yourself apart from your competition. In today’s digital world, businesses are always looking for ways to stay ahead. Ranking well in search results, not only helps with your brand recognition but is also more likely to be clicked through by a customer faced with two businesses of equal service offerings.
Interested to find out more about how your business can leverage SEO to rank ahead of your competition? Get in touch with our SEO Brisbane team on 1300 659 035 and speak to a dedicated SEO specialist today.
What's Right for You - SEO or PPC?
When it comes to deciding between SEO and PPC campaigns, what’s right for your business will depend on what you’re trying to achieve with your digital marketing strategy. At Resurge Digital, we consider PPC to the sprint and SEO to be the marathon. If you’re looking for instant results, PPC is an effective way to reach your audience and get your brand out there fast. Whereas, in the long run, having your business rank organically through SEO will generally result in higher quality leads and conversions that don’t require continuous ad expenditure.
Ready to get started?
Power Up Your Digital Marketing with Resurge Digital Today
At Resurge Digital, our digital marketing Brisbane team can help your business stand out from the crowd with an innovative and creative approach that focuses on outcomes. Working closely with your business, we can help you with SEO and PPC campaigns that ensure you get the most out of your advertising spend.
When you choose Resurge as your digital marketing specialists, we promise you one thing – we are committed to tirelessly working to ensure that all aspects of your campaign have the best chance of succeeding.
Get in touch with us for SEO or PPC and supercharge your business with Resurge Digital today.